Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Everything you weren't.....

I heard a song today by Demi Lovato called "everything you're not". It sounded like a volume of my life from the previous 2 years before Chris.

"I've been bruised and I've been broken, can't believe that I've put up with all this pain. I've been used and I was choking on the promise that I would never fall again. I used to sing to your twisted symphony, the weights that had me trapped inside your misery and now I know the reason why I couldn't breathe cause all I want is everything you're not"

You still cross my mind, don't think that you don't but I know the damage you are capable of, not that I didn't know back then but I trusted you and as I have learned from the one person who HAS loved me, my past and all my therapy, I do not always have the best judgement of who to trust. Just because I think about you does not mean I want anything to do with you. I tried, I tried to be friends, but you have never realized that it is a two way street and I am tired of running both ways. Now, I can breathe and I am grateful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment