Sunday, October 3, 2010

People in glass houses..........

I will never understand why people feel the need to cast aspersions on other people's character when they do not know who that person may really be. I am not saying that I have never spoke about anyone behind their back, but I would never do that to a friend and anything I have said behind someones back has been done in a situation where I did not have the chance to say something to someones face, not that I WOULDN'T say it to their face, just that I did not have the opportunity.

I have been put in a situation recently where someone made an assumption based on who they thought I was. My past has been littered with men, but the demise of each of those relationships (generally speaking) were not directly of my cause.... they were situations where I was told I was not enough, I was too much, I wasn't what they wanted, certain things happened that were out of my control.  Just because my past is littered with these men, doesn't mean I am a "man-eater" or "gold digger".

 I was told that "people are scared of what they don't know", which may be true....however, why are we scared of what we don't know. I can't say that I have ever been afraid of what I don't know, just curious about it. I guess I don't normally fall under then "norm"  for most people and I am content with that... I like who I am. Regardless of what people may think of me, I need to not be concerned with what they "see". I am special, beautiful and chaotic at the same time.... I love being who I am and I love that there is a beauty in my chaotic nature.

Once again, I challenge you,my friends, to get out and find something different to embrace, be curious, find out what you didn't know and apply it to your life and see if you can be beautifully chaotic. I am who I am, I challenge you to actually get to know who I am.....

No comments:

Post a Comment